Accessible Version

In the new remote working environment, we understand that completing your training program requirements can be a challenge. We have developed a solution that provides the same expert level, hands-on training you are accustomed to. We are pleased to announce that all of our Mirion software training classes are now available virtually with hands-on software labs!

Note: The course descriptions that have a,, or are part of the Training Trax "Pathways To Expertise" program. If you would like one of these courses to count towards your Pathway please let us know, as an exam is required.


To download a PDF of available courses click here

Filter
Search For Sort
GP-301 Applied Principles of Gamma Spectroscopy
image

September 14 - 15, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Virtual

This 2-day course is the “capstone” session for Mirion’s Gamma Spectroscopy fundamentals program. This course builds on the content of Principles of Radiation Detection and Fundamentals of Gamma Spectroscopy, tying together all of the principles into a series of relevant practical exercises. The course is a practicum to demonstrate the principles taught in the prior courses and provide hands-on experience for each technologist in all aspects of gamma spectroscopy system setup and operation. The course has approximately 80% of the time allocated for student exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
16.00
REGISTER
GP-301 Applied Principles of Gamma Spectroscopy
image

November 2 - 3, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Virtual

This 2-day course is the “capstone” session for Mirion’s Gamma Spectroscopy fundamentals program. This course builds on the content of Principles of Radiation Detection and Fundamentals of Gamma Spectroscopy, tying together all of the principles into a series of relevant practical exercises. The course is a practicum to demonstrate the principles taught in the prior courses and provide hands-on experience for each technologist in all aspects of gamma spectroscopy system setup and operation. The course has approximately 80% of the time allocated for student exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
16.00
REGISTER
SU-470 Genie 2000 Basic Operations
image

November 30 - December 3, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

Mirion’s SU-470 training course was designed to provide introductory-level instruction for using Genie 2000 software to perform typical gamma spectroscopy measurements. This course starts with a short review of basic gamma spectroscopy concepts, common Genie 2000 measurement applications, and the Windows operating system environment. It then covers the use of the Genie 2000 MCA Definition, Certificate File, Nuclide Library, and QA File editors. This course emphasizes use of the interactive Genie 2000 software environment for performing spectral data acquisition, system calibration, spectral file analysis, and reporting of measurement results. Approximately 65% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 35% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-472 Genie-2000 Algorithms
image

November 30 - December 2, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
Virtual

This 3-day course is a combination of lecture and practical examples covering optimization of the Mirion Genie 2000 algorithms. Detailed descriptions, examples, and classroom exercises are used to facilitate learning the basic analysis steps, selection of analysis algorithms, and their setup for specific applications. Approximately 60% of this course is presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises and discussions. The algorithms are used in Genie 2000 and other related Mirion software packages such as Apex InVivo and Apex-Gamma. This course is intended to provide students with sufficient knowledge and understanding to optimize the Genie 2000 gamma analysis process and ensure high-quality analysis results for their gamma spectroscopy measurement applications.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
24.00
REGISTER
SU-474 Basic ISOCS Measurements
image

September 28 - 30, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

Mirion’s SU-474 training course was designed to introduce the basic features of the ISOCS™ Efficiency Calibration Software and the use of ISOCS software for in situ gamma spectroscopy measurement applications where traditional “source-based” calibrations may not be practical. Students will also be introduced to additional Mirion software features and specialized hardware components that are typically integrated with the ISOCS software. Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
32.00
REGISTER
SU-477 LabSOCS Measurements
image

September 21 – 23, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

Mirion’s SU-477 training course was designed to provide comprehensive instruction for proper use of the LabSOCS Efficiency Calibration Software. This course will focus on proper selection and use of the standard LabSOCS geometry templates for accurate modeling of samples and creation of optimized efficiency calibration files. Lecture and discussion topics will include: use of the “Geometry Composer” interface, typical applications for LabSOCS sample geometry templates, tips for proper template parameter entry, use of the Materials Library editor, and proper use of LabSOCS calibration files within Genie™ 2000 software. Common sample geometries (including paper disk, charcoal-filled air filter cartridge, polyethylene bottle, and Marinelli beaker) will be selected as practical examples to demonstrate the complete LabSOCS efficiency calibration process. Cascade summing corrections will be discussed as a method to improve the accuracy of nuclide activity calculations during routine sample analyses. Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
24.00
REGISTER
SU-568 Apex-Alpha Operations
image

October 19 - 21, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

This 3-day course is a combination of lecture and hands-on operations covering the APEX® “Lab Productivity Suite” software for Alpha Spectroscopy. The training will cover the architecture of the Apex-Alpha operations environment, interactions between the Apex-Gamma™ software, Genie™ 2000 utilities and facility database software, software installation, operational setups, security, sample counting job streams, reports, QA, data review, and event logging with the use of simulators. Discussions will also include Batch QA samples that accompany unknown samples. The course is conducted in an interactive style and attendees are encouraged to ask questions and participate in group discussions. Approximately 60% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises with discussion.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
24.00
REGISTER
SU-570 Apex-Alpha/Beta Operations
image

November 9 - 10, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

 

This 2-day course focuses on the Apex-Alpha/Beta software setup, database interaction and automated sample processing operations utilizing a combination of lecture and practical examples for instruction. Approximately 50% of the class time will be allocated for hands-on exercises to help reinforce the concepts needed to count and report gross alpha and beta results. The training will cover the architecture of the Apex-Alpha/Beta software, installation, operational setups, calibrations, security, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include supported modifications to the standard Apex-Alpha/Beta Stimulsoft reports..

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
16.00
REGISTER
SU-601 Interpretation of Gamma Spectroscopy Results
image

August 3 - 4, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

This 2-day course is designed primarily for germanium detector spectroscopy, although many of the topics are also applicable to scintillation detectors. The course emphasizes the use of fundamental principles of physics to explain features found in spectra, and the creation of libraries to aid in the interpretation of spectra. Students should acquire the tools and information they need to: understand “phantom peaks”, optimize gamma nuclide libraries to accurately identify and quantify nuclide activity, reduce the reporting of unidentified peaks, utilize methods for counting “hot” samples, understand “Dead Time” and its implications, and optimize the analysis of spectral data. Students are encouraged to bring examples of their spectral files for examination during the course. Additional topics of special interest may be covered depending upon student interest. Lab exercises with simulators and spectra are employed to demonstrate lecture topics. Analysis algorithms discussed and demonstrated are from the standard Genie™ software.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
24.00
REGISTER
SU-601 Interpretation of Gamma Spectroscopy Results
image

November 9 - 10, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual

This 2-day course is designed primarily for germanium detector spectroscopy, although many of the topics are also applicable to scintillation detectors. The course emphasizes the use of fundamental principles of physics to explain features found in spectra, and the creation of libraries to aid in the interpretation of spectra. Students should acquire the tools and information they need to: understand “phantom peaks”, optimize gamma nuclide libraries to accurately identify and quantify nuclide activity, reduce the reporting of unidentified peaks, utilize methods for counting “hot” samples, understand “Dead Time” and its implications, and optimize the analysis of spectral data. Students are encouraged to bring examples of their spectral files for examination during the course. Additional topics of special interest may be covered depending upon student interest. Lab exercises with simulators and spectra are employed to demonstrate lecture topics. Analysis algorithms discussed and demonstrated are from the standard Genie™ software.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
24.00
REGISTER
SU-635 Apex-Gamma Operations
image

October 12 - 15, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual
 

This 4-day course focuses on the Apex-Gamma™ “Lab Productivity Suite” software setup, database interactions, and automated sample processing operations. Approximately 60% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises and discussion. The training will cover: architecture of the Apex-Gamma environment, interactions with Genie™ 2000 editors and facility database software, installation, operational setups, security, sample counting job streams, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include the NPP reports option and the supported modifications to standard Apex-Gamma reports.

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

Links and attachments
32.00
REGISTER
SU-734 Apex-InVivo Operations
image

August 17 - 19, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual
 

Mirion’s SU-734 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper use of the Apex-InVivo™ software package to perform whole body counting and other direct bioassay measurements. Students will be introduced to the basic features and functionality of the Apex-InVivo software, and to the hardware components that are typically integrated with standard Mirion in vivo counting systems. With prior approval from the instructor, the course content can be adjusted to include an extended review of fundamental gamma spectroscopy principles and basic Genie™ 2000 software operations (with reduced coverage of advanced Apex-InVivo software features and setup options). Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.​
 

Click link below for full course description.

Continuing Education Credits
 

32.00
REGISTER