Accessible Version

Let us come to you! We can have one of our specialized instructors come to you to teach your professionals right at your facility. Our on-site training services include the complete line of our standard courses as well as custom-designed solutions for your specific training needs. From fundamentals training for your newest technologist to expert-level training for your most challenging nuclear measurements applications. To contact us about a course click on the registration button next to the course you are interested in having us teach at your site.

Mirion has an approach to training that offers users a specific series of courses to reach their chosen level of expertise,"Technician", "Specialist", or "Subject Matter Expert", in a certain subject.
The course descriptions that have a,, or are part of the Training Trax "Pathways To Expertise" program. If you would like one of these courses to count towards your Pathway please let us know, as an exam is required.

Outside of Mirion's Training Trax Process, we also offer many standalone courses that cover a variety of subjects to meet your training needs.

To contact us about a course click on the registration button next to the course you are interested in having us teach at your site. If you don't see a course in the following list to meet your needs please click on the registration for Custom On-site Training and let us know what type of course you are looking for.

Filter
Search For Sort
Custom On-site Training
image

Looking for a specific type of course but don't see it in our regular catalog.  Click the registration button to contact us about setting up a custom course for your company.

 
GP-101 Principles of Radiation Detection
image

This 2-day course covers the complete range of radiation detection principles from sources of radioactive materials to advanced radiation detection applications and everything in between. This is a concentrated, concise, fast-paced course that includes basic physics and practical implications for all aspects of radiation measurements. This course is not a hardware or software operations course. The course is entirely in lecture format.

Click link below for full course description

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
GP-201 Fundamentals of Gamma Spectroscopy
image

This 2-day course covers the complete range of gamma spectroscopy principles from a review of radiation detection principles to evaluation of results and everything in between. This is a concentrated, concise, fast-paced course that includes a practical approach to all aspects of gamma-ray spectrometry. This course is not a hardware or software operations course but does include an introduction to Mirion gamma spectroscopy software. The course is entirely in lecture format and includes mathematical exercises for many of the calculations germane to gamma spectroscopy.

Click link below for full course description

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
GP-202 Fundamentals of Alpha Spectroscopy
image

This 2-day course covers the complete range of alpha spectroscopy principles from a review of radiation detection principles to evaluation of results and everything in between. This is a concentrated, concise, fast-paced course that includes a practical approach to all aspects of alpha spectrometry. This course is not a hardware or software operations course but does include an introduction to Mirion alpha spectroscopy software. The course is entirely in lecture format and includes mathematical exercises for many of the calculations germane to alpha spectroscopy.

Click link below for full course description

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
GP-203 Fundamentals of Alpha/Beta Counting
image

This 2-day course covers the complete range of alpha/beta counting principles from a review of radiation detection principles to evaluation of results and everything in between. This is a concentrated, concise, fast-paced course that includes a practical approach to all aspects of alpha/beta counting. This course is not a hardware or software operations course but does include an introduction to Mirion alpha/beta analysis software. The course is entirely in lecture format and includes mathematical exercises for many of the calculations germane to alpha/beta counting.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
GP-301 Applied Principles of Gamma Spectroscopy
image

This 2-day course is the "capstone" session for Mirion's Gamma Spectroscopy fundamentals program. This course builds on the content of Principles of Radiation Detection and Fundamentals of Gamma Spectroscopy, tying together all of the principles into a series of relevant practical exercises. The course is a practicum to demonstrate the principles taught in the prior courses and provide hands-on experience for each technologist in all aspects of gamma spectroscopy system setup and operation. The course is 16 hours in duration, with approximately 80% of the time allocated for student exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
GP-302 Applied Principles of Alpha Spectroscopy
image

This 2-day course is the "capstone" session for Mirion's Alpha Spectroscopy fundamentals program. This course builds on the content of Principles of Radiation Detection and Fundamentals of Alpha Spectroscopy, tying together all of the principles into a series of relevant practical exercises. The course is a practicum to demonstrate the principles taught in the prior courses and provide hands-on experience for each technologist in all aspects of alpha spectroscopy system setup and operation. The course is 16 hours in duration, with approximately 80% of the time allocated for student exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
HS-113 HIS-20/WACS System Operations
image

This course is intended for students with little or no previous experience with HIS-20 or WACS systems. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the use of the HIS-20 and Wacs systems and its application software.

This course introduces students to the modules that HIS-20 comprises of.  This includes, Personnel Information, Internal Dosimetry, External Dosimetry, Radiation Work Permits, Access Control, Inventory, radiological incident reporting, Survey Data Management and reports.  This course also introduces students on the use of the Windows Access Control (WACS) system.

Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to use HIS-20 systems to enter data and generate reports for managing survey data; internal and external dosimetry; radiation work permits; access control; radiological incident reporting; equipment inventory and issue; and personnel information.  The student will also be able to use the Windows Access Control System for entry into radiological entries via an RWP. 

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
HS-114 HIS-20/WACS System Operations Refresher
image

This course features a review of the application modules that make up the HIS- 20/WACS system. These include; Personnel Information, External and Internal Dosimetry, Radiation Work Permits, Access Control, Equipment and Source Inventory and Issuance, Survey Management and Radiological Incident Reporting, WACS configuration editor and WACS operations. Focus on the modules will be defined by the students needs.

Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to use the HIS- 20/WACS system to enter data and generate reports for all of the HIS-20 modules.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
HS-115 HIS-20/WACS Database Administration
image

The course features a review of HIS-20 special management functions, and relational database system and operating system concepts which pertain to successful HIS-20 operation. The student will learn how to customize and maintain the HIS-20 environment, how HIS-20 uses operating system functionality to implement several important functions, and how to maintain the database system underlying HIS-20.  It also teaches the student how to set up WACS through the configuration editor to optimize for your sites needs.

Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to customize HIS-20 via lookup tables and site parameters; control the HIS-20 event scheduler and electronic dosimeter reader functions; control user security in the HIS-20 environment; configure HIS-20 printer definitions; understand the directory structure and command files which allow HIS-20 to operate; customize Uniface settings to manage multiple HIS-20 installations on a system; understand the basic architecture of the relational database system underlying HIS-20; query the database using SQL (Structured Query Language); maintain the database structure to optimize HIS-20 performance; and backup and restore the HIS-20 database.  They will also be able to customize WACS via the WACS configuration editor.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-434 OpenEMS for Administrators
image

This 3-day course provides a brief overview of the OpenEMS Effluent Management Software including the regulatory basis, software architecture, and software features. After a review of the application administration screens, most of the time will be spent examining the calculations available in OpenEMS and the setup needed to implement them. In addition, configuration of user access to the features of OpenEMS, configuration of the OpenEMS Server to access multiple databases, how to examine the spreadsheets that contain the permit results, and annual report generation are also included.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-435 OpenEMS for Operators
image

This 1-day course provides an overview of the OpenEMS Effluent Management Software including the regulatory basis, software architecture, and software features. Most importantly, the course takes the student through the steps involved in entering and processing liquid and airborne effluent release permits, including a review of the resulting release permit reports. Entry of composite sample information and updating of release permits when composite results are received is included in the course. Regenerating and scheduling of reports is also included.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-470 Genie 2000 - Basic Operation
image

Mirion' SU-470-4 training course was designed to provide introductory-level instruction for using Genie 2000 software to perform typical gamma spectroscopy measurements. This course starts with a short review of basic gamma spectroscopy concepts, common Genie 2000 measurement applications, and the Windows operating system environment. It then covers the use of the Genie 2000 MCA Definition, Certificate File, Nuclide Library, and QA File editors. This course emphasizes use of the interactive Genie 2000 software environment for performing spectral data acquisition, system calibration, spectral file analysis, and reporting of measurement results. Approximately 65% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 35% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-472 Genie-2000 Algorithms
image

This 3-day course is a combination of lecture and practical examples covering optimization of the Mirion Genie 2000 algorithms. Detailed descriptions, examples, and classroom exercises are used to facilitate learning the basic analysis steps, selection of analysis algorithms, and their setup for specific applications. Approximately 60% of this course is presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises and discussions. The algorithms are used in Genie 2000 and other related Mirion software packages such as Apex InVivo and Apex-Gamma. This course is intended to provide students with sufficient knowledge and understanding to optimize the Genie 2000 gamma analysis process and ensure high-quality analysis results for their gamma spectroscopy measurement applications.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-474 Basic ISOCS Measurements
image

Mirion's SU-474-4 training course was designed to introduce the basic features of the ISOCS Efficiency Calibration Software and the use of ISOCS for in situ gamma spectroscopy measurement applications where traditional "source-based" calibrations may not be practical. Students will also be introduced to additional Mirion software features and specialized hardware components that are typically integrated with the ISOCS software. Approximately 60% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
32.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-476 Advanced ISOCS Measurements
image

Mirion's SU-476-3 training course was designed to provide advanced instruction for current users of ISOCS, with emphasis on improved sample modeling, accuracy of analysis results, evaluation of total measurement uncertainty, and equipment deployment options for complex measurement applications. This course provides detailed recommendations for modeling complicated source distributions using the standard ISOCS geometry templates. Various advanced ISOCS applications will be discussed, including measurements of nuclide activity in near surface and subsurface soil, contamination on the surface of complex objects, and determination of nuclide activity vs. depth in sample material. Additional topics include use of ISOCS for in vivo counting, underwater radioactivity measurements, and airborne radioactivity measurements. Numerous practical examples and student exercises will be presented and discussed. Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-477 LabSOCS Measurement
image

Mirion's SU-477-3 training course was designed to provide comprehensive instruction for proper use of the LabSOCS Efficiency Calibration Software. This course will focus on proper selection and use of the standard LabSOCS geometry templates for accurate modeling of samples and creation of optimized efficiency calibration files. Lecture and discussion topics will include: use of the "Geometry Composer" interface, typical applications for LabSOCS sample geometry templates, tips for proper template parameter entry, use of the Materials Library editor, and proper use of LabSOCS calibration files within Genie 2000. Common sample geometries (including paper disk, charcoal-filled air filter cartridge, polyethylene bottle, and Marinelli beaker) will be selected as practical examples to demonstrate the complete LabSOCS efficiency calibration process. Cascade summing corrections will be discussed as a method to improve the accuracy of nuclide activity calculations during routine sample analyses. Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-479 Abacos 2000 System Operations
image

Mirion's SU-479-4 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper use of the Abacos-2000 software package to perform whole body counting and other direct bioassay measurements. Students will be introduced to the basic features and functionality of the Abacos-2000 software, and to the hardware components that are typically integrated with standard Mirion in vivo counting systems. With prior approval from the instructor, the course content can be adjusted to include an extended review of fundamental gamma spectroscopy principles and basic Genie 2000 software operations (with reduced coverage of advanced Abacos-2000 software features and setup options). Approximately 60% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-520 FALCON 5000 Operations
image

Mirion's SU-520-2 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper operation of the FALCON 5000 portable, electrically-cooled, HPGe gamma spectroscopy system. This course begins with an overview the FALCON 5000 hardware and a brief review of applicable radiation detection and health physics principles. This course emphasizes the simplified user interface provided for basic operations, before progressing to more advanced setup requirements and Genie 2000 software options including certificate files, nuclide library files, analysis sequence files, and calibration procedures. Typical FALCON 5000 measurement applications will be discussed, including in situ measurements and optional use of ISOCS efficiency calibration files. Approximately 60% of this 2-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-530 NDA-2000 System Operations
image

Mirion's SU-530-4 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper use of the NDA-2000 software package to perform Non-Destructive Assay measurements. Students will be introduced to the basic features and functionality of the NDA-2000 software, and to the hardware components that are typically integrated with standard Mirion gamma and neutron counting systems. This course is typically presented at a customer's site, where students will have access to a fully-integrated and calibrated NDA-2000 counting system. Training course content will be adjusted to emphasize the specific type(s) of counter(s) used at that site. Approximately 60% of this 4 day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
32.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-562 InSpector 1000 Operations
image

Mirion's SU-562-2 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper operation of the InSpector 1000 hand held gamma spectroscopy equipment. This course begins with an overview the InSpector 1000 hardware and a brief review of applicable radiation detection and health physics principles. This course covers routine counting operations, instrument parameter setup, and calibration with associated gamma detectors. Typical InSpector 1000 measurement applications will be discussed, including in situ measurements using sodium iodide (NaI), lanthanum bromide (LaBr), and Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) detectors. Additional topics include spectral data collection, spectral file transfer, optional use of ISOCS efficiency calibration files, and reporting of analysis results. This course also covers various options for data analysis within Genie 2000, and use of the specialized InSpector 1000 Maintenance software. Approximately 60% of this 2-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-568 Apex-Alpha Operations
image

This 3-day course is a combination of lecture and hands-on operations covering the APEX "Lab Productivity Suite" software for Alpha Spectroscopy. The training will cover the architecture of the Apex-Alpha operations environment, interactions between the Apex Gamma software, Genie 2000 utilities and facility database software, software installation, operational setups, security, sample counting job streams, reports, QA, data review, and event logging with the use of simulators. Discussions will also include Batch QA samples that accompany unknown samples. The course is conducted in an interactive style and attendees are encouraged to ask questions and participate in group discussions. Approximately 60% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises with discussion.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-570 Apex-Alpha/Beta Operations
image

This 2-day course focuses on the Apex-Alpha/Beta software setup, database interaction and automated sample processing operations utilizing a combination of lecture and practical examples for instruction. Approximately 50% of the class time will be allocated for hands-on exercises to help reinforce the concepts needed to count and report gross alpha and beta results. The training will cover the architecture of the Apex-Alpha/Beta software, installation, operational setups, calibrations, security, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include supported modifications to the standard Apex-Alpha/Beta Stimulsoft reports.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-572 Contamination Monitor Operations
image

This 2-day course includes lectures and hands-on exercises to familiarize the attendee with the operating principles, setup, and calibration of the Mirion ARGOS-5AB with ZEUS option. These calibration principles can be applied and extended to the GEM-5 gamma exit monitor, the CRONOS tool/object monitor, and the SIRIUS-5 Hand/Cuff and Foot monitor. The steps required to properly setup, calibrate, alarm test, trouble shoot, and perform required maintenance on these monitors will also be covered.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-601 Interpretation of Gamma Spectroscopy Results
image

This 2-day course is designed primarily for germanium detector spectroscopy, although many of the topics are also applicable to scintillation detectors. The course emphasizes the use of fundamental principles of physics to explain features found in spectra, and the creation of libraries to aid in the interpretation of spectra. Students should acquire the tools and information they need to: understand "phantom peaks", optimize gamma nuclide libraries to accurately identify and quantify nuclide activity, reduce the reporting of unidentified peaks, utilize methods for counting "hot" samples, understand "Dead Time" and its implications, and optimize the analysis of spectral data. Students are encouraged to bring examples of their spectral files for examination during the course. Additional topics of special interest may be covered depending upon student interest. Lab exercises with simulators and spectra are employed to demonstrate lecture topics. Analysis algorithms discussed and demonstrated are from the standard Genie 2000 software.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-635 Apex-Gamma Operations
image

This 4-day course focuses on the Apex-Gamma "Lab Productivity Suite" software setup, database interactions, and automated sample processing operations. Approximately 60% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises and discussion. The training will cover: architecture of the Apex-Gamma environment, interactions with Genie 2000 editors and facility database software, installation, operational setups, security, sample counting job streams, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include the NPP reports option and the supported modifications to standard Apex-Gamma reports.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
32.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-636 Apex-Gamma - Advanced Topics
image

This 3-day course is a combination of lecture and practical examples covering the optimization of Mirion Apex-Gamma counting systems and the underlying Genie 2000 software. Approximately 60% of the course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on learning activities and associated discussions. The course covers a full range of system optimization tips and techniques (noted below), and is conducted in an interactive style to encourage active participation by all attendees.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-640 Interpretation of Alpha Spectroscopy Results
image

This 2-day course delves into the details of alpha spectroscopy analysis results generated with Apex-Alpha systems. The course will provide guidance for review of analysis results in consideration of all of the features of the related alpha particle spectrum. Spectral features can be useful for quantitative alpha spectroscopy analysis or they can be interferences; this course describes both types of spectral features and gives the attendee knowledge to properly evaluate them. This course is not a detailed hardware or software operations course, but does include demonstrations of how spectra and analysis results are affected by sample preparation, hardware settings, and software settings. This class allocates about 50 percent of the class time for hands-on activities to help master the concepts needed to interpret alpha spectroscopy results.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-642 Apex-Alpha Advanced Topics
image

This 2-day course is a combination of lecture and practical examples covering the optimization of Mirion Apex-Alpha software. Approximately 40% of the course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on learning activities and associated discussions. The course covers a full range of system optimization tips and techniques, and is conducted in an interactive style to encourage active participation by all attendees.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-652 Apex-Alpha/Beta Advanced Topics
image

This 2-day course is a combination of lecture and practical examples covering the optimization of Mirion Apex-Alpha/Beta software. Approximately 40% of the course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on learning activities and associated discussions. The course covers a full range of system optimization tips and techniques, and is conducted in an interactive style to encourage active participation by all attendees.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
SU-734 Apex-InVivo Operations
image

Mirion's SU-734-4 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper use of the Apex-InVivo software package to perform whole body counting and other direct bioassay measurements. Students will be introduced to the basic features and functionality of the Apex-InVivo software, and to the hardware components that are typically integrated with standard Mirion in vivo counting systems. With prior approval from the instructor, the course content can be adjusted to include an extended review of fundamental gamma spectroscopy principles and basic Genie 2000 software operations (with reduced coverage of advanced Apex-InVivo software features and setup options). Approximately 60% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
32.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-735 IMBA Dose Calculations
image

This 2-day course includes some review of the key features of Mirion's Apex InVivo software, an overview of the features and functionality of the IMBA software, and specialized instruction and recommendations for using Apex-InVivo counting results within IMBA to calculate intake and internal dose values.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-803 Eclipse Alpha Beta Training
image

This 3-day course covers all aspects of current version Eclipse operation in conjunction with Tennelec Alpha/Beta counters. It is an introductory course that begins with hardware familiarization and proceeds through setup, calibration, and sample counting. The course then covers more advanced functionality such as the Microsoft Access database, custom report generation, and report modification using Seagate Crystal Reports.

Attendees will examine the Microsoft Access database and learn how Eclipse data is stored. Seagate Crystal Reports is discussed in-depth during the class, and multiple versions of Crystal Reports are typically presented. Crystal Reports syntax, formula editing, and advanced features will be discussed. Attendees are encouraged to bring copies of their custom reports to be reviewed and edited during the class. "Hands on" learning is encouraged, both with the hardware and the software. Hardware varies by location, but typically includes vintage Tennelec systems as well as state of the art systems. Attendees are encouraged to provide feedback as to how Eclipse is currently being used in their labs, and what changes should be made in the future. Course content will be tailored to best satisfy the needs of the individual attendees. At least 35% of the class time is dedicated to hands-on exercises.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
24.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-845 iSOLO Alpha Beta Training
image

This 2-day course is designed to provide the Mirion iSOLO user with an in-depth understanding of the hardware and software requirements for basic system setup and operation. This 2-day course covers all aspects of iSOLO operation, including hardware familiarization, system setup, calibration, and routine alpha/beta sample counting. This course introduces the iLINK software designed to simplify setup and interface with the iSOLO, but independent system operation is also presented and discussed. This course is presented as a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and group discussion. With prior approval from the instructor, the course content can be modified to feature the iMATIC counting system instead of (or in addition to) the iSOLO system.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-890 iCAM Operations
image

This 2-day course is designed as an introduction to common air monitoring concepts, featuring detailed instructions on iCAM calibration and maintenance functions. The course begins with an introduction of the MIRION iCAM instrument, including a description of all components and theory of operation. Potential fault and alarm indicators will be discussed, as well as how to address problems that could arise during
operation. After reviewing the hardware components, the iCONFIG software will be demonstrated to show the functionality of this power configuration tool. Once the iCAM setup is complete, the course will cover options and methods for calibrating the instrument, including alpha and beta calibrations along with airflow calibrations. Each step will be explained and students will be able to calibrate the instrument in a “hands-on” lab portion of the course. Other topics for discussion will include evaluation of calibration results and routine iCAM maintenance procedures. Approximately 40% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for “hands-on” exercises and discussion.

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments
16.00 CEC
REGISTER
SU-892 iCAM Advanced Topics
image

This 1-day course is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level course designed for advanced iCAM users.  This course includes detailed review of radon-progeny rejection algorithms, selection of iCAM filters and the implications of those selections, radon interference reduction techniques, and in-depth reviews of basic iCAM operations topics.  This course includes both detailed lectures and reinforcement exercises for each of the course topics. 
CECs: TBD

Click link below for full course description.

Links and attachments